Pregnancy is usually a stressful period for women, and it is usually accompanied with the inevitable increase in body weight and loss of fitness. This is why you should visit prenatal massage singapore to help you overcome pregnancy challenges. Most mothers wrongly believe that they can never regain their size and fitness after pregnancy. This is true if necessary precautions are not taken, but it is false for those who have the knowledge of getting a fit body with pregnancy and postnatal massage.
The Significance of Pregnancy and Postnatal Massage
Pregnancy massage is similar to postnatal massage. Pregnancy massage is carried out during pregnancy period while postnatal massage is carried out after childbirth. Each massage session is a type of health therapy system that is designed to ensure that nursing mothers return to their normal body health state and fitness after childbirth. Each session involves adequate consultation, massage bodywork, and gentle physical exercises.
During the pregnancy and postnatal periods, the body goes through many changes. Therefore, care has to be taken not to overwork or over-stimulate the body during each massage session. This is because the time it takes each women’s body to return to the normal state differs depending on some factors, such as the general body health, the type of pregnancy experience, the type of birth, the type of baby, and how easy is it to breastfeed. Therefore, a woman seeking for pregnancy and postnatal massage should consult experts in the field.
Benefits of Pregnancy Massage
- Effective reduction in the common aches and pains that accompany all stages of pregnancy.
- Reduction in the pain that is associated with pelvic instability, and pubis symphysis dysfunction.
- Alleviates the lumbar pain, headaches as well as pains in the lower legs.
- Reducing swelling in lower legs.
- Gets rid of general feelings of heaviness that are common in pregnant women.
- The overall effect of pregnancy massage is to make the pregnant woman physically and emotionally stable during pregnancy.
Benefits of Postnatal Massage
- Alleviating the childbirth and postnatal muscle strain.
- Promoting the healing of the pelvic floor.
- Rebalances the spine and pelvis region.
- Relaxes the body muscles.
- Lowers stress hormones, thereby improving relaxation and stress relief.
- Improves quick healing after a caesarean section.
- Increases blood circulation.
- Restores the normal walking patterns in mothers.
- Restores and normalizes the abdominal structures.
- Prevents and reduces the back pain and the neck pain that are common in nursing mothers.
- Aids breastfeeding.
- Provides nurturing, physical, and emotional support.
The overall effect of pregnancy and postnatal massage is to make the mother feel relaxed, healthy and fit during and after the pregnancy period.
When Can a New Mother Start Postnatal Massage?
A postnatal massage session can be started any time after childbirth, but as mentioned earlier, there are some factors to be put into consideration. A mother with normal delivery can start four to five days after delivery while a mother that delivered through C-section should wait for at least two weeks. However, a professional massage therapist should be able to provide an appropriate advice on this.